Privacy & cookies
The information we collect
We gather various pieces of information when you use our Online Store. Listed below is the information we may collect when you place an order through the store:
- Your name and billing address: This information is essential in processing your payment.
- Your delivery address: When goods purchased through our store are to be delivered you will be asked to provide a delivery address for this purpose.
- University degree and student information: In order to process certain orders made through the Online Store (e.g. Academic Transcripts, field courses, careers course etc) we will ask you to provide your Loughborough University Student ID Number.
- Other relevant personal information: If you are booking a place at a conference or event through the Online Store, we may ask you to provide other relevant information e.g. details of any dietary requirements or allergies. This information is purely for the conference organisers to ensure that all you needs/requirements are met whilst you attend your event.
How we use your information
We use the information you provide in a number of ways:
- To successfully complete your order.
- To process a refund. We retain details of orders made through the Online Store so that we can easily and securely make refunds if necessary.
- For event administration. If you have booked a place at a conference/event, the event organisers will use the information you provide for event administration and organisation purposes.
- To communicate with you. If there is a problem with an order that you have placed through the Online Store, or the organisers of a conference or event need to provide you with additional information we will use the contact details you provided.
- To inform you about events that you may be interested in. Ocassionally organisers of academic events will contact attendees of a previous event in order to provide details of a forthcoming event which may be of interest.
Who has access to your information
The information you provide through our Online Store is only accessible by a restricted number of staff at Loughborough University who manage the Online Payment System. In addition only staff who work in a department directly related to your order will have limited access to your information. We do not share your information with any external sources.
We work with a number of third parties in order to provide Loughborough’s Online Store, and process payments online.
WPM Education Ltd is a third-party company which provides and hosts Loughborough University’s Online Store.
The information you provide when using the Store is kept within databases on WPM Education’s servers, which are located within the UK.
WPM Education hold this information solely for the purpose of allowing the University to run the Online Store. WPM Education do not use your information or share it with any other organisations.
In order to process payments online we work with Realex, a third-party company. Realex are Loughborough University’s Payment Service Provider (PSP). We provide Realex with the following information solely for the purpose of processing card payments:
- Your name;
- Your card billing address;
- Your credit or debit card details.
Realex only use this information to process card transactions. They do not share your information with any other organsiation or use it for any purpose other than processing card transactions.
Cookies set by Loughborough University’s Online Store
The following cookies are set by the Store when you visit the site and are essential to providing the online store functionality:
|WPM_Store||Used to track the user’s session|
|CompanyID||Used to track the user’s session|
|ASPSESSIONID||Used to track the user’s session|
Following implementation of the new Cookie Law in May 2012, on your first visit back to our store you would have been asked if you accept or decline us using your cookie information. We would appreciate it if you accepted, which would allow us help make improvements to our site.
Loughborough University use Google Analytics to monitor and capture basic information on how customers use the Online Store, which help us update and improve our site to suit your requirements. We only gather information that relate to:
- Demographics – which country/county/state you are accessing the store from; have they visited before or are they a new visitor?
- Technology – what kind of device are you using (PC, IPod, IPad, IPhone, Android etc) and what web browser you are utilising;
- Content – which pages people are landing/exiting on in the store, what keywords are being searched;
- E-commerce – this purely tells us what is being spent on the store in a day/week/month. It does not have access to any personal/card information.
So how do we use this information? We use the data from Google Analytics:
- to help us improve our site to suit our customers and ensure satisfaction whilst navigating our store; and
- for statistical purposes.